Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things are moving along in the Macpherson household. We have been trying to focus more on learning french. We live in one of the best places in the world for that, Montreal. Olivia and William attend a weekly french class with other homeschoolers on Wednesday mornings. The teacher has a website where the children can listen to audio and practice their assignments. They are working on conversation and learning new vocabulary. They are also working on a play that will be performed at the end of the french session. I let them tell you more about that in their posts.
I find it hard to fit all the many things that I want my children to learn. We love History, Science and Math (well maybe not math!) but we can't forget about grammar and spelling. Teaching early morning seminary makes me very tired later in the day. I wake Olivia and William around 5:30 am so they can get up, dressed and fed and even start that school work before I return home from seminary/gym. It just seems we don't have enough time!!!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice you have a routine. But mornings are not so easy for me. I seem to get up late and every night I think I will wake up early tomorrow and then it is 7:15 in the morning! Then I wake up the kids, we rush around to get ready for school by 7:55 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7:15 is a decent time to wake up. 4:50am is too early!! I think I am nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not nuts Mom, just dedicated :)

    ReplyDelete